About The Saracen’s Head Inn

The Saracen’s Head Inn is steeped in history and character and was built using timbers from old ships. The building surrounds a central courtyard which was originally a travellers coaching inn.

It was built in 1530 at Number 38 Whielden Street, which was formerly known as Union Street when Amersham Hospital was known as The Workhouse.

And rumour has it, two ghosts roam the building, one is alleged to be a young serving wench from the 17th Century, the other one remains a mystery…

Gallery